Saturday, March 5, 2011

Meme's One Month Update

WOW it has already been 1 month since I gave birth to our baby girl!! Time sure does fly by!!

Here is what has been going on the past month with Meme:

Weight ~ 8lbs 12oz
Length ~ 22 inches
Head ~ 36

~Breast feeding has been a challenge with you. You latch really well but than fall asleep and refuse to suck/eat!! I have pumped for the past month and than bottle fed the EBM to you. I stopped dairy, onion, garlic, spicy food and tomatoes for 2 weeks because it gave you really bad gas!! (or so I thought)

~I am sad to say that Momma gave up pumping on your 1 month mark. It was really wearing me down, you still had super bad gas, it was hurting me so much when I pumped tears were in my eyes. (it felt like someone was stabbing me with a knife in both breasts!!)

This was such a hard decision to make and it had me torn apart for days before I finally made the final decision. I wish I was stronger and was able to continue pumping and feeding you. I'm sorry baby girl that Momma was a quitter on this issue.

When you have a 4.5 year old boy and a new baby it is so very hard to pump, feed baby and keep up with the house work well trying to give the older child the correct attention. I could go on with more reasoning's but I will not because it is done now and there is no going back.

*There will be an update on how it is going since we have switched to formula*

~We ended up switching bottles for you. The ones we had that mimicked the breast were too big for you and you could not get good suction. (This was another attempt to cut the gas that you kept having.) Once we switched to a smaller nipple it was like night and day!! You stopped gagging on the milk, you stopped chocking on it and you ate so much better!!! But the gas did not go away.

~Mom and Dad were sitting talking about how chubby you have gotten and out of your tiny little mouth came a giggle!! It was perfect timing and if we both were not here I am sure we would not have believed each other that it actually happened. It was so super cute!!!

~You just LOVE being held so you are laying on your belly!! It is the best position for you when you are cranky and just need to relax!!

~You LOVE your baths and often fall asleep well having one!! BUT you are soon awaken when you are being taken out, OH how you HATE getting out of the bath!!

~We have tried Kolic and Ovol for your gas BUT it seems to do no good.

~Just recently you have discovered the mobile on your swing!! You LOVE watching it and making a 'O' with your mouth as it moves!!

~I found out the hard way that you are allergic to Penaten cream. I was putting it on your little bum to protect it from getting a rash BUT in the end the cream made you little bum bleed. :( We quickly changed to another brand and it cleared right up!!

~As of 1 month old your Daddy had yet to change your bum, get you dressed OR feed you!! BUT he does snuggle with you at night because if he does not you get very cranky!!

At one month old you are so very loved and have completed our family!! Your big brother, Tornado, just loves you to pieces and will not leave you alone. He makes sure you always have what you need, except sleep when he decides it is time to play

PICTURE TIME:

All pictures were taken at one month


Tornado and Meme sitting together!!

Tornado just LOVES sitting and holding his baby sister!!

One of my favorite pictures of Meme!!

Look at that double chin!!!

Oh how we hate Tummy time when it is not on some one's chest!!

I did not spike her hair!!! This is what it does all on its own!!! Even if I brush it down!!!

1 comment: