Friday, June 11, 2010

My Weekend Adventure June 2010

Before you start reading please forgive me if I have left any words out here and there. I have not read it over and I am just hoping it is good to go!!

Friday night:
Packed up and set out to go camping.
Stopped for KFC on the way because we started off later than expected.
Got to camp!! Got the same spot as last year!! Start to set up.
Get everything set up and go to pay and get firewood. Time now is about 9pm I think.
Boys get back and J goes to turn off his phone...it's gone!! OMG 600.00 phone GONE!!! So off I run to where I got reception last year to phone it. We figured it fell off in the KFC when we stopped for dinner. Get to the spot no reception!! SHIT!! Run back to the site, search the truck a bazillion times and all around the site and than decide to check inside the tent...BINGO!! It had fallen off in the tent and was hiding out under our cots!! PHEW!!!
Next start a fire. Sit around the fire and relax.
Than Tornado wants to go to bed so off Tornado and I go.
That night I had the shittiest sleep ever!! Tornado was wheezing like mad!! It started to rain in the middle of the night and OMG it was SOOO loud. (I am not a heavy sleeper so this kept me up) AHHHHHHH!! Combination of the rain and waking up to listen to Tornado's breathing and giving him his inhalers in well he slept and well waking up FREEZING meant I got no sleep or very little that is.
Saturday Morning:
Woke up to soaked chairs and blankets, no one put them away before bed time so the rain washed them up for us!!
Made breakfast, which my hash browns were a flop but we still ate them we're camping who cares!!!
Cleaned up the dishes.
Went for a walk and got soaked!! Because well it decided to rain half way through!! LOL Before this we would not let Tornado walk in the river because we didn't want him to get wet! LOL But it was fun so who cares!! Than the sun came out just as we got back to camp!!
Set up our tarp because the weather could not make up it's mind!! It was really crazy weather the whole time we were out there!! I think this is the first time in FOREVER that I can remember it raining on us when we have gone camping, LUCKY DUCKS!! But it was still tons of fun because we did get out and were able to do things because the rain came and went so much!!
Lunch time now...we all just picked
Tornado and I played Go Fish and Tornado won and he says "YES NOW GIVE ME ALL YOUR MONEY!!!" LMFAO
Than Tornado had a nap. (thank goodness because well he was sick and all the rest he gets is best!!) J and I played crib well he napped and YES I double skunked him!!! WHHOOOOHOOOOO!!!
Tornado wakes up and it is supper time.
We all go into Grandpa D.'s van to cook the spaghetti and play Skip-bo. Well in there Tornado's breathing is getting worse and worse and well we have already given him his inhaler 7times in less than 24hrs. So we have a little powwow about what to do. The end result packing up at 9pm at night to go home.
Tornado is very very sad that we are going home but we tell him it is ok we will go again and the weather is crappy so it is better to go home.
We packed up in 45minutes, I think that is a record for us!! As we are packing up we are like are we over reaching, cuz we do tend to overreact at times and we know it, would other parents really be packing up at 9pm at night to go home!! But that never stopped us from packing up BUT the thoughts were still there.
Tornado is still wheezing like mad so we get into the truck and start the 1hr 45minute ride home, thinking he will get better as we drive.
Get home about 12ish, ya midnight!! SOOO tired...come in to have a shower and get all nice and clean but WTH no hot water. GRRRRR FINE I will just go to bed. Come and snuggle up with Tornado on the couch and his wheezing is HORRIBLE so we decided to give him his inhaler for the 8th time in 24hrs at 130am. WOW!! That worked like a charm so 2am J and I decided to go to sleep.
330am Tornado wakes up in a panic because he is having a hard time breathing. I get up calmly and say ok lets go get your inhaler, not knowing the time, look at the clock and have to rub my eyes and take a closer look. "Are you kidding me!!" Ok time to wake up Daddy and start our adventure to the hospital. Poor guy couldn't even speak sentences that well or take a small sip of water without gasping after for air. On the way to the hospital he got sick all over his blanket. :( so no blanket for the hospital now. lol
Get to the Children's hospital and they take us right in, no admin no nothing just straight back. The admin. person came to us in our room. WOW J and I look at each other and wonder if we waited too long. We have never had to deal with his asthma being so bad before. Usually it is a few puffs here and there and DONE!! So this was pretty scary for us!!
They come in and started him on the blue inhaler and a green inhaler that stunk, it smelt like that color spray you use at Halloween!! He got 6puffs of each every 20 minutes, and I thought 8puffs in 24hrs from us was CRAZY!!! LOL He also got some liquid steroids. Let's not forget he also got 2 Popsicles. Dad also went to Timmy's for us, thank goodness we needed coffee!!! So Tornado also got a chocolate donut!! YUMMIE!! This kid is gonna love going to the hospital now. LOL I honestly couldn't tell you how long we were there BUT we learnt alot of good information and know in the future if he needs his blue inhaler we can give it to him. We also learnt he was a level 5 when he came in and it goes all the way to 12!!! Level 5 was enough for me and I would not want to see any child any higher than that!!!
So we get home at about 745 am and YES Tornado is asleep!!! So we all crash!! 1000am Tornado is up, are you kidding me child I am sooo tired!!! He had soo many steroids that sleep was not on the top of his list!! So I stumble out to the living room where I thought he would just let me crash on the couch well he watched t.v. NOPE no such luck. I was sooo tired that I felt sick and had a pounding headache but OH well Mom's jobs are to push through it, right!?!?! So I finally got a power snooze, 20minutes but I'll take it, well he watched t.v. and WOW that made it soo much better!!!
We still had the truck to unload, prescription for Tornado to get, laundry from camping, lets not forget we all had to eat still too, grocery shopping(ya that didn't happen lol) and we all needed showers!!! BUT I was dead to the world and sooo sick now!!! I guess the lack of sleep and stress just got me. GAH!!
So we unload the truck, cook breakfast (OMG you should see the mess that was created in the process of this), and than veg out on the couch all day long!!
I manage to get the energy to go get Tornado's medicine. So I first go to Safeway, it is close to home and I can grab a few groceries, right? NOPE The pharmacy there wanted to give Tornado 5 tsp of the steroids every time!! YEAH I said 5 tsp!! I was like WTH are you kidding me!!! With a start face she said no. I was like well he only had 1tsp at the hospital so I think you are crazy!!! Well we usually give pills... I cut her off He is 4yrs old, just turned 4 and you expect me to give him pills!!! Are you nuts lady!!! She said yes just make him take them. I was like umm thanks but no I will go to Shoppers. Grabbed the presciption back out of her had and walked away. Go to Shoppers and look at that they have the right stuff. Lesson learned: Don't go to Safeway EVER for meds. just drive a few extra blocks to Shoppers where they know what they are doing!!
So get home and veg out more on the couch. I have never been sooo lazy!! I think the last time I was this lazy was when I was forced to be on bed rest when I was preggo!!
I am sure I have left some things out of my weekend but for now that is it that is all!!
Hope you all enjoyed reading it. LOL

2 comments:

  1. Jeeez!!!
    Adventurous weekend!! How c=scary for you guys and poor Tornado! I wonder what happened to make it so bad, do you know? I'm so glad I don't have to deal with anything like that or I would be a mess!! So glad he is ok, poor little man.

    You deserved some rest lady! Take it when you can get it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The doctor said it could have been anything!!! That part will always remain a mystery to us. :( He said it could have been the camp fire, but we have done that before, it could of been the rain, but HELLO he has been out in the rain before LOL, it could have been this and that and everything under the sun really...and guess what he has been around it all before!!!

    ReplyDelete