Monday, September 27, 2010

IT IS A GIRL!!!

IT'S A GIRL!!!


WOW!! What a shocker!! I was totally expecting a boy. I am so excited that it is a girl!! But here is how my Saturday went:

First we get home at 530am ish from the Children's Hospital with Tornado. (another post to come for that one). Fall asleep and get woken up by my alarm WAY too soon. But first at 7am ish Tornado wakes up and says "Is it tomorrow?" I whisper "Yes, go back to sleep." He replies "Well lets go see the baby now!! I slept so I can go now." Me "Oh my...it is too early we still have time to sleep, SO please go back to sleep." That was the end of that conversation because I was NOT getting up yet. LOL Than my alarm is going off at 830am. I hit the snooze button and think to myself 'I am not ready to drink that water or to eat a dam thing!! I just wanna sleep.' This was the first time I wish I had booked the appointment for the afternoon. So I drag my butt outta bed and finish the water and food, at this point I am jealous that John can sleep until 930am, and off to the ultrasound we go.

We get to the ultrasound place and there is a sign on the door WASHROOMS CLOSED!! OMG are you freaking kidding me!! Nope they are not. I am pregnant and you have ordered me to drink this water and now you telling me I have no washroom to use. GREAT!

So off to the ultrasound room I go. This ultrasound takes FOREVER!! The tech. asks me if I want to know what the baby is. I say YES but I have to wait till my hubby and son are in here because if I don't they might kill me. LOL SO I have to wait the whole time of her doing her thing, which is FOREVER!! FINALLY it is time to go and get the boys!! :) BUT they are gone...Tornado had to go pee...GAH!!! LOL Finally they return!! Than my little girl decides she is not going to co-operate for us to see what she is...THANKFULLY the tech. got a good look during the examine!! I am overfilled with joy!!

Here is Tornado's reaction:
"But I wanted a baby brother" I say "Well honey remember we said it could be a sister?" He says "Ya" Than the tech. jumps in and says "You are going to be an AWESOME big brother to you baby sister!!" and than Tornado perks right up and says "YES I am!!" from than on he has been excited.

Here is Hubby's reaction:
PISSED RIGHT OFF!!! He didn't even want to talk to anyone...he would not talk to me...I spent many hours with tears in my eyes not being able to celebrate my excitement. It hurt very much that he was so angry at the fact we were having a girl. Our plan was to go shopping that day BUT he was not interested now. I didn't want to show him my excitement because he was so upset/angry that it was a girl. I had to tell everyone, he didn't want any part in that. It was a pretty rough day. But by the end of the day we were able to talk a bit. I understood his disappointment but at the same time I had to accept that Tornado was a boy and I NEVER once acted like that. (I really wanted a girl with Tornado LOL But now I would not trade him for the world) The funny thing is that he said it was a girl the whole time and still the shock hit him like a brick wall. (He also knew Tornado was boy from the start)

SO later on in the day Tornado and I went out shopping!! He needed pants and pj's SO I thought it would be GREAT to do both at once. Well we ended up spending more money on Tornado than baby. LOL It was hard to find the right size for baby girl. Tornado picked out 2 sleepers for her and a matching blanket!! It was really sweet of him. :) That was all we got this weekend. Good thing we have 20 more weeks to shop!!

So that is how the ultrasound day went.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, sorry your hubby isn't happy. I would have been sad too! Here's hoping he will come around!

    And CONGRATS! Oh you are going to have so much fun shopping for her :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh i agree...i hope hubby will jump on board soon! Doesn't he want to have a 'little daddy's girl'??

    I'm excited for you---how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for little girls:) soooo happy for you pamela.
    Too bad that he was acting so childish, but once he holds that little girl and she starts charming him...I'm sure she will have him wrapped in no time:)
    btw...where the heck are you gonna put another baby in that house? lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know my Hubby will come around and I am ok with how Saturday went now...it was just a really hard day but thankfully it is in the past now!!
    I am still SUPER excited I am having a girl!! Nothing can change that. LOL
    Thank you to everyone for your support :) I could of really of used it Saturday. LOL BUT than again it probably would have made me cry even more. LOL
    For those of you that know me in Real Life PLEASE do not bring this issue up in front of my hubby, just let it go and move on. :) Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete