Monday, September 20, 2010

Preschool Sept. 20-24 2010

Monday September 20 2010

Today they decided that parents are no longer allowed in the classroom and attendance will be done at the door. The only bad thing about this is that some kids need help hanging up their bags and coats. AND they didn't even explain why this was happening!! I know why because of the conversation we had on Friday, over the phone. BUT for all the other parents they were left in the dark and most left with blank looks on their faces.
Tornado has made a friend!! It was so very cute...we were standing waiting for the kidlets to be let in...
Tornado tells me "There is my friend"
I ask him "What is his name?"
Tornado replies "I dunno Friend" LOL
I chuckle to myself and say "Go ask what his name is than" But that little boy was too shy to answer SO I asked his mom and find out Tornado's friends name is Alex. :) In the end I am a very happy Mom because my son has made a friend. :) Than when it is time to go into the classroom Alex gets called first and Tornado says "Hi Friend" as Alex is going in. LOL I guess we are going to have to work on names. LOL
GAH! My son hit the boy that sits next to him today at carpet time. Is he gonna be the bully of the class?!? I sure hope not. You wanna know why he hit him too...just because the rules at carpet time are you sit and be quiet and if you have something to say raise your hand and wait for the teacher to acknowledge you. Well Tornado decided to keep talking and the the poor innocent boy beside him told him to SHHH. Like WTH boy!! You slapped the boy for enforcing the rules!! GAH!
Carpet time is hard on Tornado because he is the energizer bunny...NEVER STOPS!! I mean he really NEVER STOPS!!! Morning to night he is go go go...I have not found anything that tuckers this boy out yet!! SO for him to sit and be quiet is something that is a challenge for him. He has lost his games for a week now because that was our deal, IF he was mean and hit/punched/kicked/slapped etc. to anyone at school he would lose his games for a week. Maybe this will hit home and make him realize to think before he acts.

Wednesday Sept. 22 2010
So at drop time well waiting for Mrs. Monica to open the door both myself and Alex's mom are explaining to our sons that when they open the door they have to wait for their names to be called before going into the classroom. Than when Mrs. Monica opens the door, both of us stop our sons from bolting into the classroom, and to our surprise she says ok come on in. WTF!!??!! No attendance at the door?!?! Are you living to confuse the kidlets and parents?!?! What ever happened to structure and consistency?!?! OMG I was fuming!! So I just had to walk right out of there before I blew a gasket.
Tornado was a very good boy at school today!! :) There was a boy pouring water onto his arm at the water table and he asked him to stop but would not. SO instead of taking matters into his own hands he went and told Mrs.Monica!! :) Oh what a proud Mom I am at this moment!! But it ended quickly...
I asked Tornado "What did Mrs. Monica do about it?"
Tornado "She told me just to go dry off" WTF!! What if my son was not done playing there? What if my son hit him that it would have been an issue!!
So I ask "You sure she did not say anything to the other little boy?"
Tornado "Yep she just told me to dry off"
Talk about double standards there. My son finally does the right thing and the teacher could not be bothered to address the issue. GAH!!

Friday Sept. 24 2010
My day to volunteer!! Tornado's day to be the Hoppy Helper!!
SO we were up most of the night because of his asthma acting up BUT that little bugger was NOT going to be missing his day to be the Hoppy Helper. He was so very excited about it and kept asking me every 5 minutes if it was time to go yet. The Hoppy Helper gets to dress the weather bear (Tornado's favorite part), lead the train for clean up time and for going to the gym, and welcome all his friends into the classroom, oops almost forgot and have show&tell.
Today seemed to be a bit smoother but I am still unhappy with it BUT at the same time Tornado loves it oh so much.

1 comment:

  1. Show and tell is the best!!!! In kindergarten they didn't want the kids to bring any toys to share and I remember Jayden hating that...what else IS there in life???
    It's fun when they start school :)

    ReplyDelete