Friday, July 16, 2010

How Me and My Hubby Met

On my old blog there were a few of you who were interested in how me and my hubby met...I know it took me ten million years to respond but here it is now:
It all starts way back when I was 12 and got my first job at the Coffee Gardens, now Colors Cafe, at the Sheraton in Calgary. One day I was working and in came this HOT HOT guy!! I swear my mouth dropped the second he came in. LOL I had no idea who he was or why he was in the back of the restaurant so I asked around and it turned out he worked there!! Well I had never seen him before but I knew I wanted to see him LOTS more!! You see he usually worked during the weeknights, which I rarely did because I lived in Airdrie and well I was involved in sooo many school activities I had no time, so we had never met before that night/day. Than we started to get shifts together, now I am unsure if it was coincidence or if he got his mom to do the scheduling that way. LOL His mom was the assistant manager, that I did not know at the time either. Well the flirting began...the one thing he did sticks out the most in my head today and that is when he decided it would be fun to poor a FULL glass of ice water down my apron!!! It was freezing cold but I was ok with it because I liked him. EVERYONE that worked there knew we had the hots for each other but it took some time before we actually hooked up. We would sit and talk after work, funny though we both would talk about our boy/girl friends to each other, knowing full well we both liked each other. LOL We shared funny stories and what went on during the week etc. It was fun times!! I think everyone in the restaurant had bets on when we would actually start dating!! LOL We finally hooked up after some time, sorry can't remember the exact time. All I know is that I was 12 and he was 11!! We dated steady for quite a well, can't remember how long but it was a long time than we broke up and it was on and off since than. It was on and off through out high school but in the end for some odd reason we always found our ways back to each other!! We would go 6mths without talking and than something would just bring us together. At one point he even dated my bestfriend, Trisha. I know you all must think that is weird but I didn't care we had broken up so what the heck EH! But in the end they ended up breaking up and we ended up together again! Trisha understood, I think even she knew we were meant to be. We stayed very good friends in between break ups, we had that friendship that didn't matter the time apart or the time unspoken to each other we were always able to pick up right where we left off. It is now grade 12 and it had been over a year since we had spoken and out of the blue John calls me, funny enough it was almost right after Glen and I broke up. I think we got together for coffee or just talked on the phone about this and that for hours, I can not remember how it all worked out. So in the end John was my grad date! So for some of you who went to the same grad as me you have seen him before. LOL Also for my friend who worked at A&W with me, I am sure you have met him before too!! Ok back to the story...so off to grad we went, it was AMAZING!!! We went to party afterwards and OMG I got completely plastered, it was my first time drinking and OMG!! I wrecked his suit jacket, still feel bad about it but he didn't care. I remember very little from the party...but one most important thing I remember is after he took me home I kissed him and he pushed me away. He did not want me to kiss him like this because he didn't want any regrets in the morning. So we stayed friends and that is all till the end of high school. I than moved to Calgary to live my Dad, I am a daddy's girl. We still stayed friends and in that time I had a few dates here and there and John was a hard core partyer, something I was not into at all!! (grad was enough for me lol) We lost touch for a few months and out of the blue he calls me up, I remember this conversation very well, he has called to tell me something that just broke my heart. It is very personal so I can not say it but it was devastating to me!! Well maybe I can share it...you see I was still not sexually active and neither was he until the night he called me to tell me this. I was speakless on the other line and didn't know what to say or do. That is when I knew it was time to move on. Well you see moving on was not an option for me I compared every guy I was with to him and none of them stood up to his standards. I tried very hard to forget him and move on. It did not last but a few months and we found ourselves back together again. Going on dates and just having a great time!! He was someone I could talk to about EVERYTHING and just felt safe when I was with him...he was my bestfriend!! So after that, sorry can't remember the time again but I do know it was before Christmas and I do know I was still at A&W for sometime after we started dating again. Since than we have been together none stop!! So was it fate that kept us coming back to each other...I say yes it sure was!! We had so many on and offs that I can't even remember the number!! LOL But in the end it all worked out.

1 comment: