Monday, July 26, 2010

Is It Supposed To Be So Damn Stressful!!!

Ok so today, Monday July 26 2010, I receive a phone call from the ultrasound place. If you are suspecting twins you need to get a dating ultrasound because we need to know if we should book 30mins or 60mins for the Nuchal Translucency. Get off the phone and phone around to 5 other places to find out what is going on here. 3/5 of the places do the Nuchal Translucency and they all say the same thing. OK no prob I think! LMFAO Think again.

I phone my doctors and tell them what I have been told by the 3 places that actually do that test. She tells me she will call me back after she speaks with the doctor. So I wait and wait and wait...it feels like forever...but really just an hour. So she calls back and tells me the doctor said no. WTF!! I get very upset than very angry than very upset again and than I find myself saying sorry to her on the phone because it is not her fault and I hope she understands and than upset...and it goes on. LOL Damn pregnancy hormones have me all over the place this week!! SO she puts me on hold and than comes back and tells me my doctor will speak to me. SO I speak to my doctor, what an ass!! This is sorta how the conversation went:
Dr.Z "There is no need for you to have this ultrasound"
Me "Well the 3 places I phoned that do it ALL told me I need this done before the other one because we suspect twins"
Dr.Z "Well there is no need"
Me now on the verge of tears "OK so why than did you tell my son he was going to have two babies, thank you very much he told my hubby that and now he is stressed, I am showing already and if I'm not why the hell am I having to wear maternity clothes and why did the lady at Thyme Maternity think I was 4mths along!! And well doing research at home I have 5/8 signs of twins and the others you have to test for."
Dr. Z"You can't believe everything you read"
Me now crying and just in disbelief that this is so damn hard "Why is this so difficult?? OK fine what if I request one!! I mean they all told me I needed one and you are sitting here telling me no."
Dr. Z "Well I don't believe you so I am going to phone the ultrasound place and we will call you back"
Click and we all hang up.
I gather my strength and tell myself to stop crying. I should have the right to an ultrasound if I suspect twins. I have good reason to request one and even the damn doctor said maybe on Friday so WTF!! Now if only he would have listened for the heart beat than maybe he would of heard one or two but NO he wouldn't even do that. I researched many sites on heartbeats and every single one said 8weeks and up!! He called my friends liars he called me a liar but in the end I was right and so were my friends!!
Ok so now they have called me back "It turns out you were right about the ultrasound Pam. So we booked you an appointment for Thursday at 1045am."
Me "Ummm Thursday does not work for me"
Receptionist "Well I am sorry I tried really hard for a Friday but no go."
Me"Ok I guess I will just have to make this work"
So I get off the phone and call one of the moms and talk to her. Brainstorm and than a light bulb goes on in my head...Hey why don't I phone and check for a Friday appointment!!
So I phone the place and sure enough there are Friday appointments open. SHOCKED..nope not really!! And when I tell the lady my doctor said they tried really hard for Friday appointment she just laughed. Thanks for trying so hard for me...NOT!!
So in the end I was correct and all this stress for nothing!!
Now I get stress on finding a new doctor...John doesn't want me going back to Dr.Z and I really can't say I blame him. Anyone out there have any thoughts...good or bad doctor here. OR do you have a really good Doc you see that is accepting new patients?

1 comment:

  1. You should see if you can get an appoinmemt with the Maternity Care Clinic....after you find out if it is in fact twins - they dont take mothers to be of twins :(

    ReplyDelete