Monday, January 24, 2011

A Warranty That Really Works!!


This is how I got my Blackberry Torch for $60.00:


12 weeks ago I took my blackberry bold phone in to get repaired. It was acting funny and doing things it should not be doing like: going to a white screen at which point you had to pull the battery to get it back up and running. The screen decided to get black spots on it over night and they never went away. SO into the shop it went. I had a warranty on the phone so why not use it!!


Well it was in the shop for 6 weeks!! Thank goodness my Dad lent me his blackberry bold because the loaner phone was a blackberry pearl or something like that and well it SUCKED!! It would have been a long 6 weeks if I had the loaner phone.


It was a Saturday when we picked up my phone, Dec.11 2010 to be exact, and OMG were the malls ever busy!! We get my phone and off I go to shop with Tornado well my hubby gets his Blackberry Torch. (Yes I was very jealous he was getting the Torch but it was NOT in the budget for one let alone two!! I traded my Torch in for a breast pump.) Back to the point now. I am shopping and notice I have missed a phone call...I think to myself 'How the heck did I miss that call I put my phone on loud!' Don't think anything of it and off we go to another mall to get hubby's phone case, the other place was sold out. On the way I am playing with my phone and notice the volume is messed up. We fiddle with it and try to fix it but no go. SO off to the other mall we go again, so much fun too because it is so very busy at malls this time of year.


So we get back to the place where I have warranty and speak to Cole, the sales associate that has been helping us the whole time. He checks it out and is amazed at how quiet this phone is!! He gets Sam, the manager, over to check it out. They try to fiddle with it but no luck. In the end Sam tells us 'I will put a rush on the phone and it will be back in 2 weeks. For your trouble you can pick a free accessory.' Perfect hubby can get something free for his phone!! BUT I really did not believe my phone would be back in 2 weeks, well because that would be Christmas Day.


The weeks passed and when it was 6 weeks I was like 'WTH!! My phone is still not back?!?!' So I phoned the store. The first time I got a new employee so he was not much help, but he did inform me as to when Cole would be in. SO, I phone back when Cole is in and ask what is up with my phone because this is a very long 2 weeks!! Cole tells me he will call me back after speaking with the manager.


Sam, the manager, calls me back shortly and lets me know THEY HAVE LOST MY PHONE!! I was like 'Umm what?!?!' and thinking to myself 'how do you lose a phone?' Sam says 'SO we are going to replace it with the new Blackberry Bold 3.' I reply 'Here is a crazy question for you, do you think I could get the Torch instead?' Sam replies 'Sure thing all you have to do is pay $60.00 for it.' I reply 'OK done! I will be there shortly.'


Can you believe I got a $610.00 phone for only $60.00!!! I looked up the new blackberry bold 3 they were going to give me and well it was only worth $300.00!! Hubby is jealous because I got such an awesome deal BUT happy at the same BUT disappointed now because he can not rub it in my face at how GREAT his phone is BUT happy for me...etc.


In the end it cost $140.00, which we really didn't have BUT how do you pass up that offer, because I invested in the warranty again. Why would I not get the warranty again!!


So that is how I got my new Blackberry Torch...


&


I AM LOVING IT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment