Sunday, January 2, 2011

What Happened In December!!

Here is what went on is December with Tornado
  • Tornado and Mom were out shopping one day and Tornado kept finding empty packages laying around. This really upset him!!!

Tornado "Mom we have to go find the Manager!! This is really bad!! People are stealing the stuff!!"

I reply "Yes honey it is bad to steal BUT we do not have to go find the manager. Just leave the package there and the staff will find it at the end of the day."

  • Tornado and Mom are driving to the Children's Hospital to go to Tornado's Asthma appointment.

Tornado says "MOM LOOK!! Santa's Reindeer just flew over us!!!"

Mom replies "REALLY!?!?!?! And I missed it."

Tornado says "Yep I guess so...they flew right over us!!!"

  • We are all just sitting watching T.V. one night and out of no where Tornado says "Do you remember when Grandma and Papy took me to the big movie theatre?"

Mom and Dad reply "Yep."

Tornado than says "Well I wish they would do that again. It was SUPER fun."

Mom says "Well than why don't you phone them and ask them."

Tornado gets a big grin on his face "YES!!!"

So Tornado phones them and no answer. Tornado is not very impressed that they did answer his phone call. (He expects someone to answer ALL the time when he calls, something we must work on. LOL) We wait a little bit and Tornado asks to call back. We let him and again no answer.

Tornado says "How come they are not answering me????"

Mom and Dad just giggle and say "Well sometimes people are busy. Don't worry they will call back once they get your messages."

Tornado finally, really it was not that long, gets to talk to Grandma and Papy and they say YES!!

After he went to the movie with Grandma and Papy he informed me that he liked going to the movies with them because he gets to visit a LONG time with them!!

That outing they saw "MegaMind in 3D"

  • One day when Grandma D. phoned to talk to Tornado he passes me the phone and says "Here keep her occupied I have to go pee."
  • Tornado is in the bathroom and he yells out to me "Mom don't you want to know what I am doing in the bathroom with the water running?"
  • It is 7pm and Dad has gone to make his lunch for the next day. Tornado asks if he can help. Dad tells him he has to wash his hands if he would like to help him. Tornado answers Dad with WELL I WASHED THEM THIS MORNING so they are still clean.
  • We are all playing Mario Cart on the Wii. We are taking turns picking the track and what we play. Tornado forgot the order and so we reminded him how it went. Tornado replies "I'm so embarrassed." LOL
  • One night I decide to let Tornado eat supper in his room so he can watch his show. (Yes I know we should eat at the table as a family but that just doesn't happen in my house) I go in his room to check on him and make sure he is still eating. I find my son wrapping/weaving his spaghetti noodles around his toes and than eating them!! EWE!! I wish I had thought about my camera for a photo.
  • Tornado has a root beer sucker.

I ask "What does it taste like?"

Tornado replies "ONIONS"

I think to myself YUCK!!

Tornado comes back and tells me "And this side tastes like KFC."

  • Movies that Tornado enjoys this month are Despicable Me, Toy Story 3, Tom and Jerry and well any Christmas show that passes by!!
  • Tornado thinks it is very funny to turn his butt to us and Fart. He lets out a giggle and says "HAHAHAH I farted in your face HAHAHAHA"
  • We are driving to my first doctors appointment with the OBGYN.

Tornado says "Hey this is where you got your bras from."

Now at first I did not understand the boy...so it was many what's, I'm sorry Hun I don't understand etc. Until he finally said "Mom you know the things you put on your BOOBS!!!"

I laughed so hard!! I just love how kids find different ways to tell you things. Now for the record we had never been up that way before so where he got that is where I bought my bras is beyond me.

  • This month we had to do a change in his inhaler...TWICE. The first time was because it is a lower a dose and better than the orange one. They have found studies and ACTUALLY have proof now that the orange one stunts growth. (Good thing they didn't use my son for a test subject...he is a growing machine!!)

WELL this one, the red one, made him have such bad emotions and impulses. He would have a temper tantrum over the smallest of things, like having a cup of milk vs juice. He would go to hit you but at the same time say Sorry. When you asked him why he did this he would answer because my brain told me too. He was a son I did recognize and it had me questioning myself wondering what to do. It was a horrible feeling and I never want to have to experience that again. I felt like I had failed as a Mom.

WELL on the red inhaler he got his first write up at school. They were sitting at their cubby's ready to go home and what does my son do...HE PUSHES Dustin's head into the wall!! No reason for doing so...he just did it. For the 2 weeks he was on this red inhaler he had been hitting, kicking, punching, not listening and just plan out being bad!! But that was the final straw!! He could of really hurt Dustin, thankfully it was not super hard and Dustin was OK...just shocked.

It was that day that I went home and I rattled my brain as to why our son had become a monster. The only thing that had changed in that 2 weeks was his inhaler. SO I did some research and sure enough these were side effects, not common ones but they were there. The next day I phoned the Asthma Clinic and informed them of what was going on. They put a stop to that inhaler right away!! They than faxed me a new prescription for a different inhaler.

Who knew an inhaler could do that?!?!

  • Tornado got his 4.5 needles this month too. He was scared it was going to hurt. BUT he did not cry..not even a tear!! What a big boy I have!! :) He is 40 pounds (45-50 percent) and 43 Inches (95 percent). The little bugger has grown 1/2 inch since September!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh he's such a character - I bet you laugh all day long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is....what is with boys and farts? Gawd.

    ReplyDelete