Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Week 35 Pregnancy Update

Today I had a doctors appointment and here is how it went:
Weight ~ 153.6 pounds FINALLY my weight gain has slowed down!!
Blood pressure ~ 123/74
Baby's heartbeat ~ 133
Belly measurement ~ 35 and a half (still measuring 1/2cm bigger than my gestation)
Had the streptococcus bacteria swab completed
Here is what happened at the 33 Week check up if you are interested.
Than I almost got away with not having to go back until I was 37 weeks...but than the doc found out that my son decided to come at 37 weeks. Than she informed me that baby girl could come at 36 weeks because usually that is how it works!! WHAT?!?!?! Well I had a talk with baby and asked her nicely to stay inside until 37 weeks. BUT with all the pressure I have been having who knows what she has planned.
Than she was going to check me to see if I had dilated yet BUT I got lucky and she said she would leave it until next week.
That is how my doctors went...overall it was pretty good!! Just scary that baby could come as soon as next week...that makes me worry alittle...but I guess she will come when she is ready to get out and no one can stop it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What has been going on with Baby Girl Surprise the past 2 weeks...
  • Tornado LOVES singing to his baby sister!! He makes up his own words as he goes along. It is so cute to listen to and it puts a smile on my face every time.
  • One morning Tornado comes up to me and puts his head on my belly to talk to Meme, this is the nickname Tornado will call the baby. As he is talking Meme kicks him right in the face. We both laugh!! Well he repeats this about 6 times and every time she kicks him and every time we laugh! He told her that morning that when she comes out not to worry because they will play LOTS!!
  • The braxton hicks are still there and everyday they become more frequent. Sometimes they hurt and others it is just the tightening of the belly. They do follow a pattern when they do occur, at one point they were 7 minutes apart.
  • Mommy is soo done being pregnant...BUT you have to wait till at least Feb. 1 2011!! I love being pregnant BUT oh my gosh I am finding it hard to breath and get around. LOL I love feeling you move inside of me and I will miss that BUT at the same time I just want to meet you and hold you. With Tornado I was on bed rest at 26 weeks SO this is all new to me with you.
  • Well being pregnant with you I got to say good bye to my 20's!! Jan. 13 2011 I turned 30!!
  • Mom is getting very nervous about leaving Tornado, when I go into labour. I have only been away from him a few hours at a times AND never ever over night!! I wonder how he is going to handle it and than I picture him crying and being so sad sitting on the couch saying 'He just wants his Mommy' and 'I just miss Mommy'. It helps a little bit to know that Dad will be here after the delivery with Tornado BUT that doesn't help me!! (If that makes any sense to anyone but me. LOL)
  • Starting last week, 34 weeks, I have been up for at least 3 hours every night!! I am so tired but I just can not sleep. I would like to know why my body feels it is necessary to prepare me for baby's arrival so soon?!?!
  • My hands and feet tingle ALL the time.
  • Something I have craved this week that I find OH SO GROSS but LOVE eating it...Breaded chicken with a warmed up brownie. LIKE who in their right mind would eat that???
  • I have FINALLY prepared both Mommy's and Baby's hospital bags. With all the pressure and contractions I figured it better get done.
  • Mom and Dad were going to put together your change table and dresser this past weekend BUT instead we tore apart our house and got rid of about 2 truck loads of crap we have been storing for years and our huge entertainment stand (thank you Grandpa T. for taking it!!) and we also got rid of our big t.v. (60inch) I think that we have in our room. (thank you Mouse's Mom and Dad!!) Some might ask why on earth did we have such a big t.v. in our room...well that is a whole other story BUT we really didn't use it in there so it was a space grabber. The organizing and tearing apart our house was a CHORE!!! It took ALL weekend and it really wore me down...but it is almost done now!! I say almost because I still need your furniture set up so I can unclutter the area I have it piled in. (On top of this Tornado was sick all weekend SO that made it that much more of a challenge.)
  • You are pushing down oh so much lately and the pressure is NUTS!!! At times it really hurts. At times it is so strong I can not even sit up straight. Again something new, I did not have this with your brother.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, you are totally nesting! Love it!!

    It's funny because I remember all of the things you are feeling and yet it feels so far away. I hope she stays in there for a bit more yet too but am super excited to see pics :)

    ReplyDelete