Saturday, October 23, 2010

Pregnancy Update ~ 23 weeks 3 days

YIKES!! Look at those stretch marks!! I think I am brave for sharing this photo with my bloggy friends.


My doctors appointment today (Oct.22 2010)

SO here it is:

I have gained 20 pounds so far...YIKES!! I am now 125pounds!!
Blood pressure was good 110/60...now I thought the 60 part was low but I know nothing about blood pressure so we will go with the quack-a-doodle-doo says.
Baby Girls heart beat was 140 ~ It is really cute because Tornado just LOVES hearing her heart beat!! He talks into the speaker and tells her a story every time!!
My tummy measures 23cm, right on track!! But why do I feel SO freaking huge!! LOL
I got the blood work for drinking that horrible drink. I have been told they have changed it and it is not flat and HORRIBLE!! Is this true?!?! I hope not but I will soon find out.

Now to the rest of the update:

It is crazy to think with Tornado at this stage I was already in and out of the hospital with him. I went to the hospital for the first time at 22 weeks because of contractions. Than a few more times in between. Than admitted to the hospital at 24 weeks. Got stabbed a few times with the needle filled with steroids to help his lungs. I was in the hospital for 1 month!! It was horrible!!

When I got out it didn't get any better...I was put on bed rest. NO bathing NO getting out of bed (expect to pee) NO doing NOTHING until my hubby got home. I must also point out he is a carpenter SO it was LONG days for him.

I finally got off bed rest and BAM that night out he came. I think it is cuz I was able to walk around and do a few lite things around the house. LOL

At 22 weeks with Tornado we had all our baby things purchased and were all ready for him. We were eager first parents!! And well I am one that needs to be ready way in advance. If I am not prepared early I feel behind and rushed.

With this baby we only have a handful of things. It is driving me crazy not being set and ready.

With Tornado all I drank was pop an slurpees. I smoked with him :( I ate whatever with him. I worked like a hound dog. I had no idea on the dos and don'ts of pregnancy.

This time I am following the guidelines. I am still not drinking caffeine, which is a HUGE step for me!! I do miss having my sandwiches with lunch meat and my morning coffee BUT in time I will get it all back. It is all worth the life style change!!





That about sums it all up.





Oops forgot to put in Tornado's point of view on his baby sister. He asks her every morning to come out. I explain to him that she can not come out now because it would be really bad. He knows it will happen after Christmas but that is A LONG TIME, so he says.





He talks to her every day. He rubs my belly every day. He even asks her what she wants to eat and than tells me what she told him.





He asks her to save room on the couch, so he can snuggle with Mommy too.





He is such a GREAT big brother!! I just hope it continues once she is really here. I am sure his nose will get pushed out of joint but we will cross that bridge when we get to it.





Now I think that about sums it up!!





The next big decision is deciding whether to buy a used breast pump form kijiji or buy one brand new or just rent one...anyone have any suggestions on this topic?

2 comments:

  1. Oh you look so cute and I'm glad it's a stress free pregnancy so far!

    My thoughts on the breast pump: don't buy used. I don't know I just think it's sort of weird, I know you can sterilize them and all but it gives me the willies lol. That being said I used the Avent manual and it was amazing - it got 9.5 stars out of 10 in a few different tests and it's cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are looking great Pam :):)

    I don't think used is good either, kinda creeps me out as well. I'd splurge and buy a new one :)

    ReplyDelete