Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Eve 2010 Recap

Christmas Eve was a very busy day in my house...I do not think I sat down all day long!! My ankles were SO swollen at the end of the day...but it was all worth it.
First Tornado had to finish the craft projects he was working on for his Grandparents.

He also had to finish painting the picture frames for his preschool picture.
Next year I have to remember that doing this many at one time is TOO much for a preschool boy!! We will have to break it up next year.

Than we moved onto making the gingerbread house!!
Yes I did cheat and buy an already assembled house.

Good thinking on Dad's part: We broke out more candy for the house too!! The little balls and red candies were not enough.

Posing for a picture.

The finished product!!
Tornado called it Santa's workshop.

Also in the making of the house there were candies eaten by EVERYONE!! What fun would it be if you could not "test" the candy!!??!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Other things/projects I had to complete on this day:
~We went shopping, yes I am crazy for venturing out, for PJ's for Christmas Eve. But Dad had mentioned getting new PJ's a few days before and Tornado was not letting us forget this. Believe it or not Wal-mart was not that busy OR we just shopped where the crowd was not.
We also grabbed a few knickknacks, one being a present for Dad. BUT when we got home what does the little turkey do...he goes into the bags and gives Dad the present we just bought him. LOL
~Baked banana bread for Christmas Day, which never even got touched. LOL
~Baked M&M Cookies for Santa
~Cleaned the house so it was nice and clean for Christmas
~Caught up on laundry
~Had a mini panic attack because Tornado started to get a rash/hives and well I had just tossed his allergy medicine because it was expired. Yes, I sure did have it on the list for grocery shopping BUT that would not help NOW. It was about 8:00pm and everything that I knew was closed. SO, I decided to try calling Shoppers to see if it was open....OMG they were!! So off to the store I went. In the end it cleared up on its own BUT Murphy's law is that it would have gotten worse if I didn't get the medicine.
I think about wraps it up...but I could be wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment