Saturday, December 18, 2010

December 3/4 2010 ~ Putting Up The Christmas Tree

We go out to buy our tree and Dad has the bright idea that Tornado will pick out the tree this year. I am hesitant because last year we got a really good one and wanted the same kind because it survived the month so well. But of course I go along with it because how can I tell Tornado no after Dad told him he could pick it out!?!?
We get to the tree lot and Tornado walks right up to one and picks it out. He didn't even look around at the other trees. This was the tree and we were done!! I think he got his shopping habits from his Dad, in and out just like that.
Well this tree was SO big we had to:
squish it into the back of the truck!! LOL
drag it up our front stairs!! LOL
move our kitchen table so it could get into our living room!! LOL
use our brackets backwards for our tree stand!! LOL
cut off some of the top of the tree because it was scraping the ceiling!! LOL
Tornado says "Dad you can't put screws in the tree!! That will hurt it!!!"
Mom replies "Honey just think of it as the tree getting a needle."
Dad says "Ya, it doesn't hurt it. And we need it to keep the tree standing up in the stand."
Tornado answers "OK!! But can I put the screws in the tree!!"
After all the discussing of hurting the tree, Tornado had fun putting the screws into the tree!!

We had to get Grandpa D upstairs because well it was so big and I'm a short pregnant ass!!

Ta Da!!! The end result!!!

Dad did the lights...Tornado and Mom did the ornaments!!
It was fun this year decorating it with Tornado!! He understood the previous years ornaments that we had gotten for him. He was excited to put ALL his ornaments on the front and he wanted to talk about them too. He also thinks that the ones John or I had from when we were young are now his too and only his, that is something we have to work on I guess. LOL
Also, if I left the decorating just to Tornado there would be a million and one ornaments on one branch!! LOL
Posing for a picture!!
ps. My nutcrackers are no longer mine either!! Tornado has my nutcracker obsession...but for different reasons. I like them for decoration...Tornado likes them as toys!!

2 comments: